Monday, February 4, 2008

Our First Sledding in MN

We had a little snow finally today. We haven't had any in a few weeks, and the "heat wave" melted what little we did have. Today it snowed maybe 4 inches or so, not too much but enough to sled in!! We live about a block from a park that has a big hill that everyone sleds on. Daddy came home from work and we all bundled up and went out in the snow. Keith loves to be outside and he LOVED the snow. He was not happy when it was time to leave:)
Keith was all bundled up and never said "it cold" once:) Finally for the first time, he wore his snow mittens. Thanks Grandma they worked GREAT! The two men in my life, aren't they cute!
We bought a cheap plastic sled from Walmart, but it worked great!
Keith and Daddy going down the hill for the first time.
Jerry pulled him up the hill like it was nothing, but it was hard. Let's just say that I didn't make it very far up! Carrying him up is alot easier:)
Mommy and Keith. He is so bundled up all you can see are his eyes.
Sledding down the hill with Mommy.
Mommy and Keith

Jerry decided he was going to try to sled down the hill standing up. I had a feeling this was not going to go the way he had planned.
Don't worry, no one was hurt during this!!!!
Jerry having a blast sledding the right way!
If you know Keith, you know that it is never too cold or too much snow to go on the slide!
We let Keith go down a small hill by himself. He did a great job, and he didn't fall off until the end! We left the park and went back home so I could cook dinner. Jerry went outside with the dogs and Keith and played. Keith loved being outside and did not want to come in. It is supposed to be a nice week, highs in the upper 20s so we can have more outside time. Isn't it crazy that 20s sound nice to me now! It was almost 80 in Bainbridge!!!




3 comments:

Jared and Laurel said...

It's crazy, but we have been getting pounded with snow this winter...and we still haven't gone sledding yet...I know, I know: I'm depriving my 2-year-old!

Jared and Laurel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandpa said...

I know I'm biased but I am still telling the truth!
Keith is the most handsome young man in the entire world!
He can't help it! When he has a dad who is handsome and a mother who is beautiful what else could you expect!
He does talk and eat like his Uncle Nathan did when he was little.
As far as the snow and the cold I envy you two. I love cold weather.
I love all three of you dearly.
I know....corny and mooshy!